Monday, April 25, 2011

Rapid Arrogance Spin Again


Sometimes it is good to have a PM (ex-PM) as a father. You need money just cry to Mama and bingo money appears on the table. Then if you fail in your exam, Mama will again get daddy to fix it that you pass or be transfer to another school where you are sure of passing. Then when you want a job, again Mama will get daddy to kick out the second man in an oil company to retire early, so that you can learn faster and get promoted as CEO within two years of working. It does not matter that your brain has not been set right. The most important thing as PM’s (ex-PM) son you must be sitting comfortably in the CEO chair. Then when you want to do business, daddy again will do the right thing and give you three (3) hundred companies to run. It does not matter that all three (3) hundred companies make a loss due to your high expenditure of women, gambling, collection of cars and living fast lane. Then if the losses are a big burden, daddy will make sure the government will take over the debts leaving you free again to do what you want. What a life!

Today I make it a point to have a look at this so-called rapid pass for Senior Citizens and Students. What I saw and heard was not pleasing to my eyes and ears. But because the weather had not been kind to me lately I was not able to make known my two sen worth to these rapid staffs who can consider themselves very lucky.

To get the pass, one must be prepared to wait for two hours. It does not matter you come early. The two counters open at 9 am – 5 pm. You must be a local to understand the Malaysian working time. Then you are told to be grateful that the cards are given free, you just have to purchase a minimum worth of RM5.00 to have the benefit of riding in a rapid bus. Beginning 1st May 2011 all rapid buses will only accept the rabbit pass or touch n go card. So your money is worthless.

I questioned whether this card applies only to rapid buses was approved at the cabinet meetings or in Parliament. The answer was “You know whose company this is? You not happy go complain."

My other question to the staff was what happens to the poor people and student who cannot afford to come out with the minimum RM5.00 to buy the card and was there a survey done before coming out with this card only system? I explained that I know of several students who get RM1.00 allowance per day. They sacrifice their hunger to take the bus so that they need not walk for an hour to get to school and what about the poor especially the old who need to see the doctor once or twice a month with just RM5.00 in hand to buy medicine and take the bus home. These people what about them? The answer was shocking. “You mean RM5.00 also don’t have, then go steal or borrow. That is not my problem. You not happy, go find my boss and complain. You know who my big boss is, you talk too much."

The four staff are in the same age group as my children, yet they can talk like that? My children can vouch that had my mood been a bit off, my hand print would have landed on their cheeks like lightning.